SEO is surfacing at lightning speed. There have been several improvements in SEO over the past 10 months. A lot of the noticeable trends of 2016 will continue and raise in 2017.
As Google’s algorithm updates continuously keep business owners on their toes, numerous other trends are expected to launch in 2017.
Here are a few things look out for in the later months:
- In May 2015, Google reported that mobile searches had outstripped desktop searches on its search engine.
- Mobile accessibility has restructured SEO over the past few years. Mobile search is growing at an express speed and seems it will retain same in 2017. Traffic sessions has been shifting away from desktop and moving towards mobile devices, and many websites are already gaining most of their traffic from mobile devices.
- Google recently announced that it has commenced experiments to make its index mobile-first.
- Mobile optimization is already most essential in SEO strategies. still, it will prove to be mandatory in 2017.
- Voice search seems to be the next frontline of search in 2017.
- Voice search is the rapidest growing type of search, according to the keynote speech given by ‘Behshad Behzadi’ at SMX West in March, Principal Engineer at Google Zurich. Already, 55% of teens and 41% of adults use voice search daily.
- The goal for voice search in 2017 is to go above and beyond voice recognition and evolve into voice understanding.
Structured Data and Schema (Rich Snippets)
- Structured data markup can help website owners get these advanced listings on search engine results pages (SERPs). This markup works to help search engines in understanding website content, letting them to show that information in a way that is helpful for users.
- Structure Data can very helpful for many category websites especially e-commerce platform to display their product to be detailed in search results that will increase the users Click-Through-Rate and sales.
- According to a recent study, the volume of rich snippets appearing in search results has increased doubled from 2014 to 2016. If this trend continues, we’re likely to see an even bigger number in the coming years.
- Content Marketing is one of dominant way of promoting our website in Digital marketing especially for SEO. Search Engines are very sensitive these days and it can easily index our content in our own website and our citation, link-based content in other websites that help us to boost our organic ranking.
- Video content has been on the growth for a little while now, and it’s not going anywhere in upcoming years as well. It’s not new, but its explosive growth in 2016 raises the competition for 2017, with publishers already examining the numerous ways to include videos in their content marketing strategy. Google is experimenting with video ads in the search results.
- Video seems to be a great way to repurpose content and it’s interesting to experiment with it, and we believe that more brands will do so during 2017.
- User-generated content is, quite simply, any content that is created and submitted by our website visitors. It might be a blog comment, a product review, an uploaded image, social networking updates, or user testimonials. We see user-generated content particularly on e-commerce sites, and we tend to take it for granted. It still has a great value for SEO in 2017 as it includes a good source of unique content, long tail keywords, and user interactions.
- Semantic search “is a data searching technique in which a search query aims to not only find keywords, but to determine the intent and contextual meaning of the words a person is using for search.”
- Infographics seem to be the go-to format when sharing content nowadays. The success of infographics is recognized due to their relevance and effectiveness. It has a strong relationship with SEO because it’s an evergreen content format that can boost our website traffic and lead to brand awareness. Infographics are considered as one of the most efficient method of link-building to help for SEO.
- Personal branding is a core strategy for SEO for many years now. With a personal brand, we’ll have an easier time securing guest posts, building user trust, and driving more traffic to our website.
- Google’s recent search algorithm give main priority to well-known, popular websites because of its brand value and user trust. So, it’s easy to promote standard websites in search results effortlessly compared with less-known websites even if they have properly SEO optimized. Hence, the brand building will give additional support to SEO to achieve the top organic results in 2017.
User Experience Optimization (UEO)
- User experience has always been significant role to SEO. Google favors sites that are correctly optimized for mobile devices, ones that load quickly, and ones where it’s clear that users are enjoying their experience with content, navigation and stay maximum sessions on the web page. But in 2017, we may see an increased emphasis on user experience especially AMP as it relates to mobile devices.
- Accelerated Mobile Pages(AMP) is a stripped-down version of the mobile web which runs on a reinvented version of the language used to create web pages: HTML.
- AMP has the potential to help brands to speed up their sites. Google claims that there is a 58% drop off when pages take 10 or more seconds to load. Using AMP, however can improve load time by as much as 15 to 85%.